To produce quality hardwood products that meet and exceed our customer needs and provide stable, long-term reliable conditions for our customers, suppliers and employees.
In 1897, Chester A. Walker and his brother, W.D., opened their first lumber operation in Bogg's Township, Centre County, PA. There was a lumber boom in Pennsylvania at the time and the two brothers seized this opportunity. The two moved around the region, until finally settling near Bigler, PA, where C.A. Walker Lumber & Supply grew and prospered. After Chester's death in 1972, his son Ray took over the mill. Many changes occurred in 1975 including the construction of a new sawmill with increased capacity from 6000 board feet per day to 30,000 per day. In 1983, the mill saw the addition of Irvington Moore Dry Kilns and Warehouse and a saw dust fire boiler
In 2012, Nick Ince purchased the Woodland Facility and the business continued to grow. Two new kilns and a new biomass steam system were addeded together with the new warehousing and storage facilities. A concentration yard was added in Hollidaysburg to compliment the Woodland operation, and then a small distribution and speciality business was added in Pittsburgh.